Students receive handsome financial support during the program in order to help them meet their personal expenses, regular research related expenses, their requirements of hardware and software to facilitate research work and expenses related to various forms of travel like field-work, conferences, trainings and workshops.
- A full tuition fee and hostel expenses waiver.
- Fellowship to meet regular expenses: monthly stipend of Rs.30,000 till passing their Comprehensive Qualifying Exams (CQE). After clearing the CQE, the monthly stipend will be revised to Rs.36,000 till the end of their fourth year in the programme. The monthly stipend support can be extended for six months for a maximum of two times thereafter with the concurrence of the DAC and the DPR Committee. If extended two times, stipend will be paid till May of the student’s fifth year.
- Start-up Grant: A start-up grant of Rs.50,000 (for purchase of computer hardware and software) is available when students join the programme.
- Conference Grant: The institute will support up to Rs.200,000/- per student during the stay as full-time students for attending national and international conferences.
- Contingency Grant: A contingency grant of Rs.30,000/- per year is allowed on a reimbursement basis for purchase of hardware, software, books, databases, data collection expenses, conference expenses and any other items directly related to the programme for a maximum of 4 years.
- Field-work Grant: Students undertaking field research will be eligible for the Field Research Grant up to a maximum limit of Rs.50,000/-.