IIM Tiruchirappalli is proud to announce the launch of Post Graduate Programme in Management- Human Resources (PGPM-HR) with an MBA degree in HR. The first batch (2020-2022) will have an intake of 30 students. The programme aims to meet the present and future industry requirements of HR professionals.
The programme is designed based on the study of HR competencies identified by various HR professional bodies such as- NHRDN(HRSCAPE], SHRM, CIPD, RBL, HCI, and CPHR. An attempt has been made to incorporate valuable inputs received from senior industry HR professionals and senior members of renowned Institutes in India already running an equivalent programme in HR.
- To prepare HR professionals who create economically and socially sustainable outcomes for individuals, organizations and society.
- HR professionals to be driven by values of human connect, integrated thinking and ethical reasoning.
- HR professionals to have strong business acumen and core HR competencies.
- To augment core HR competencies with digital fluency, analytics, communication, diversity management and team work skills.
Overall Credit Structure- 99 credits extendable to 105
- Non-HR Core Courses (Business Immersion)- 33 credits
- HR Core Courses (HR Immersion)- 51 credits
- Electives/MOOCs/CIS (HR & Business Immersion & International Week)- 12 credits
- Summer Internship- (Industry Immersion)- Non-credit
- Industry Project [Industry Immersion)- 3 credits
- Make A Difference Project (Society Immersion)- Non-credit
- Human Process Labs (Personal development)- Non-credit
- Workshops/Certifications (Professional Development)- Non-credit
Programme Curriculum: Year I
|First Year (2022-2024 Batch)|
|Term I||Credits||Term II||Credits||Term III||Credits|
|Managerial Economics||3||Marketing Management||3||Operations Management||3|
|Accounting for Decision Making||3||Business Research Methods||3||Information Systems & Analytics||3|
|Communication for Managers||3||Fundamentals of Financial Management||3||Strategic Management||3|
Micro Organizational Behaviour
|3||Micro Economics||2||Learning & Development [||3|
|Fundamentals of HRM||3||Macro Organizational Behaviour||3||HR Metrics & Analystics||3|
|Introduction to Decision Science||3||Legal Aspect of Business||2||Industrial Relations||3|
|HR Planning, Recruitment & Selection||3|
|Post Term III Summer Internship (8-10 weeks)|
Programme Curriculum: Year II
|Second Year (2021-2023 Batch)|
|Term IV||Credits||Term V||Credits||Term VI||Credits|
|Technology, Media & Communication in HR||3||International HRM & Cross Cultural Management||3||Integrated HR Design & Implementation - Industry Project||3|
|Advance Industrial Relations||3||Managing & Leading Org Change||3||Managing HR Function, Stakeholders & Audit||1.5|
HR Planning, Recruitment & Selection-II
|1.5||Advance Social Security Legislations||3||Business Ethics & Corporate Governance||1.5|
|Performance Management-II||1.5||Diversity & Inclusion||1.5|
|HR Metrics & Analytics - II||1.5||Sustainability & HRM||1.5|
|Compensation & Benefits - II||1.5|
|Learning & Development - II||1.5|
Electives : Choice based credits (HR Electives/ MOOCs/Non-HR Elective/CIS )
|0-3||Electives -Choice based credits (HR Electives/ MOOCs/Non-HR Elective/CIS & Compulsory 1 credit International week course)||3-6||Electives -Choice based credits (HR Electives/ MOOCs/Non-HR Elective/CIS )||3-9|
|Make a Difference Project (Non-Credit)|
|Professional Development Workshops/Certifications (Tentative list): Competency Mapping, Assessment Centers & Development Centers/ Consulting in HR/Design Thinking in HR/EVP & Employer Branding/Neuroscience in HRM/ Counselling, Coaching & Mentoring|
PGPM - HR Committee
Prof Upam Pushpak Makhecha (OB&HR Area)
Prof. Saravanan P N (Finance Area)
Prof Vijaya V (OB&HR Area)
Prof Mukundhan K V (Strategy Area)
Prof Smita Chattopadhyay (OB&HR Area)