How to apply:
- Candidates are required to apply online. They can apply to a maximum of two areas of specialization. An application fee of Rs.1000/- is required, which has to be remitted online (Credit Card/Debit Card/NEFT/UPI) through the procedure provided in the instructions. No application fee is applicable in the case of SC/ST/PwD candidates. Scanned copies of all academic mark sheets, certificates, qualifying examination scorecards, category certificates and research proposals are to be uploaded along with the online application form.
- Online application is open from – December 07th, 2023.
- The Last date for submission of the Online Application is - February 15th, 2024 (23:59 Hours).
Application and Selection Process
The selection process at IIM Tiruchirappalli is multi-staged. All stages of this process are equally important for a potential candidate seeking admission into the program.
Stage 1: Submission of the application form Candidates interested in pursuing the Doctoral Programme in Management at IIM Tiruchirappalli (IIMT) begin their application process by submitting their application form and all associated submissions (academic record documents, certificates, qualifying examination scores, application fees etc.). At this stage, candidates express their interest in pursuing their Ph.D. at IIMT by choosing to apply to one or two areas of interest (Click here). This is the first opportunity of communication that the candidate is provided to help members of the admission committee understand their motivation to pursue research in a particular area and join IIMT. Candidates must ensure that they provide all necessary information requested in the form and provide photocopies of any supporting documents they wish to submit to strengthen their candidature. These application forms and supporting documents will be scrutinized, based on which a shortlist will be released. Candidates who qualify to enter the next stage of the admission process will be intimated accordingly. Stage 2 and Stage 3 of the admission process will require the shortlisted candidates to travel to IIMT. These stages are typically held in the month of March. These stages will be held on two consecutive days. IIM Tiruchirappalli will reimburse travel expenses limited to III AC train fare (with a maximum cap), to shortlisted candidates. The details of travel reimbursement will be shared with the shortlisted candidates.
Stage 2: Research Aptitude Examination and Area Interview This stage of the admission process requires the candidates to participate in one or both of the following processes, as:
- Research Aptitude Examination: This will be a written examination, that is conducted by some of the areas. This examination is conducted to test the candidate's research aptitude in a particular area of specialization. Thus, the content of the examination is very specific to the area. It may range from an examination of the candidates’ quantitative aptitude to their ability to understand and analyze/ synthesize research papers.
- Area Interview: All candidates shortlisted in Stage 1, will be required to attend the personal interview with members of/ experts in their chosen area of specialization.
Candidates who clear this stage of the process will be sent an offer of admission to the Ph.D. Programme in Management at IIM Tiruchirappalli.