Q1. How many regular academic programmes are run by IIMT and what are their durations?
- Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) - Duration: 2 years.
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) - Duration: 4 to 5 years .
- Post Graduate Programme in Business Management (PGPBM) - Duration: 2 years - Weekend programme - conducted at IIMT Chennai Centre.
Q2. What is the PGPM course in IIMT?
The Post Graduate Programme is a two-year full-time residential programme of IIM Trichy.
For more details, please visit our website: http://www.iimtrichy.ac.in/pgpm
Q3. What is the Fellow Program in Management in IIMT?
The Fellow Program in Management (FPM) is a research programme.
For more details, please visit our website: http://www.iimtrichy.ac.in/fpm
Q4. What is PGPBM Course in IIMT?
The Post Graduate Programme in Business Management (PGPBM) is a two-year non-residential in-class learning weekend programme to groom working executives to move into a senior leadership position. For more details, please visit our website: http://www.iimtrichy.ac.in/pgpbm
Q5. How to join in PGPM Course and Selection Process?
Domestic candidates wishing to join the PGPM should appear for CAT, and if shortlisted by IIM Trichy, such candidates need to attend a Written Analysis Test and Personal Interview. Final selection will be based on CAT performance, performance in PI and WAT, graduation performance, work experience and candidate profile. Overseas candidates need to appear for GMAT. Such candidates if shortlisted will be selected on similar criteria as used for domestic candidates.
Q6. How to join in PGPBM Course and Selection Process?
Apply through CAT/GMAT/GRE/Test conducted by IIMT . The selection process is based on the performance in the CAT/GMAT/GRE/Test conducted by IIMT, PI and Academic Performance.
Q7. Selection Process for FPM?
- The selection process is based CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/UGC-JRF, Academic Performance & Personal Interview.
- Apart from the above the selection process also includes evaluation of the candidate's application which includes 'research intent', 'statement of purpose' etc.,
Q8. When is the admission process begin?
- For PGPM - During 1st / 2nd week of August
- For PGPBM - During 1st / 2nd week of March
- For FPM - During 1st / 2nd week of November
Q9. What are the part-time executive programs offered at IIMT?
The following Programmes are conducted by Executive Education and Consulting (EEC) Office:
- Management Development Programmes (MDPs) - The IIM Tiruchirappalli EEC designs and delivers MDPs. The primary objective of MDP's is to reskill the executives of different levels (senior, middle and junior) by enhancing their knowledge through the learning imparted by the faculty members of IIM Trichy. The participation is open to more than one specific organization or to a specific group of organizations. The institute offers Long Duration Programmes (LDPs) with a duration of over 6 months and Short Duration Programmes (SDPs) less than 6 months to one week. The mode of delivery of the programme can be an in-class programme at Trichy campus or at Chennai campus, or through eLearning mode (either through the studio to simulate in-class like the environment or through Direct-to-Device) or through Hybrid mode.
- Open Management Development Programmes (Open-MDPs) - Open-MDP is an educational programme designed and offered by the Faculty members of IIM Trichy. The primary objective of Open-MDP's is to serve the educational and training needs of practicing managers in specialized domains of knowledge. Faculty members having deep insight in their domains offer programs which is open for individual members or to specific organizations. Typically, the duration of the programme varies from one to five days.
- In-Company Training Programmes (ICTPs)- ICTP's are programmes that are customized to suit the needs of the client organization. This programme is designed and offered by the faculty members of the institute at the request of a specific organization or a specific group of organizations. The duration of the programme may range from one to five days.
- Consultancy Project - is a work or service, other than in-company training program undertaken by IIM Trichy at the instance of any outside agency.
- Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP)- TEQIP is a World Bank assisted project initiated by Ministry of Human Resource Development which aims at building Academic Leadership among technical institutes to improve leadership competence of academic leaders of Technical education in the country. Normally the duration of the programme will be for five days.
- Interactive Learning Programmes: IIM Trichy offers Executive Education Programme through Interactive Learning Mode. The main objective of this programme is to develop managerial capabilities among the people who are in the early stages of their career to enable them to effectively make managerial decisions and lead to future challenges. There are short duration and long duration programmes which varies from one week to one year.
- . Research Project - is a work or service undertaken by the IIM Trichy at the instance of any outside agency which results in the creation of knowledge. It includes assignments involving the writing of case studies, articles, papers, preparing videography, audio recordings, etc.
For more details, please visit our website: