IIM Trichy's Executive Doctoral Programme in Management (EDPM) is a non-residential doctoral programme designed for senior executives from various sectors who would like to carry out serious academic research in the field of management without compromising on their ongoing professional pursuits.
What will they do after EDPM
Click Here to Download the Brochure
Click Here to Download the details of EDPM Shortlisted Candidates
Target group of executives and eligibility criteria
- Interest in applied research
- Full time working executives
- Minimum full time professional work experience of 10 years
- Exposure to management education through area specific qualifications / certifications / degrees.
- First class (or equivalent) in graduation and post-graduation if any.
- Online application
- Shortlisting of application
- Candidate selection (Written Test, Personal Interaction Interview, etc.)
- Application fee of Rs.1000/- (No fee for SC / ST / DAP candidates) to be remitted through
Name of the Bank : State Bank of India
NEFT / UPI SB A/c No. : 32170808935
In favour of : Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli
IFSC Code : SBIN0071187
Bank Branch : SBI-IIM Tiruchirappalli
Bank branch code : 71187
- Kindly upload a scanned copy of the screen shot of the NEFT / UPI payment made.
- SC / ST / DAP candidates shall enter 'NA' in the text boxes (NEFT / UPI transaction No. & Full name of the account holder). Date shall be the date of filling of the application.
- If applying to more than one area, application fee needs to be paid separately for each area.
Fees: 10 Lakhs (excluding Accommodation and Food) to be paid in four instalments
Tranche 1 payable before Term 1; Tranche 2 payable before Term 2
Tranche 3 before Term 3; Tranche 4 payable before Term 4
Note: Each term is of 6 months duration
IIM Tiruchirappalli will follow Government of India reservation policy for admission to Central Educational Institutions (CEIs).
EDPM Programme Structure
1. Programme duration:
Students are expected to complete the programme within four years. However, the maximum duration by which a student is expected to complete the graduating requirements of the programme is five years.
2. Credits requirements:
Students enrolled in the EDPM programme are required to undergo four terms (six months each) of rigorous coursework of 36 credits. Students are required to complete a total of 18 credits in the first year and remaining 18 credits in the second year.
3. Campus visits:
The EDPM programme involves eight campus visits (two visits in each term) in 24 months of coursework. Each campus visit will be a 5-day visit.
4. EDPM stages:
The EDPM is broadly divided into five stages including course and research work. In first 2 stages, the student is required to undertake rigorous coursework in her/his area of specialization as well as in other relevant areas of business management. Various stages of the EDPM are as follows
- First year coursework (Term I – II)
- Second year coursework (Term III – IV)
- Comprehensive qualifying examination (CQE)
- Submission and defense of research proposal
- Final submission and defense of dissertation
5. Functional areas
- Business Law
- Economics and Public Policy
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems and Analytics
- Operations Management & Decision Sciences
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management