Candidates must possess one of the following qualifications after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent to apply for IIMT’s Doctoral Program in Management:
- A Master’s Degree in any discipline securing at least 60 percent marks (or equivalent) or a 2 year post graduate diploma securing atleast 60 percent marks (or equivalent), in addition to a Bachelors’ degree/equivalent with at least 50 percent marks obtained after a minimum of three years of education.
- Five-year / four-year Integrated Master’s Degree Programme in any discipline, with at least 60% marks or equivalent.
- A professional qualification like CA / ICWA / CS (with atleast 50 percent aggregate marks) alongwith Bachelor's degree (with atleast 60 percent marks).
- A 4-year / 8-semester Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 CGPA.
- In addition to the above academic eligibility, minimum 60 percent marks in Secondary (Class X) and Senior Secondary (Class XII) is required.
- Five percent Marks relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the respective University/ institution. If a University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result by 100.
- The Master's degree or equivalent qualification/Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification should be: (a) from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956; or (b) recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India or (c) possess an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE.
Have a score of CAT or GMAT or GATE * or GRE or UGC-JRF as applicable. Validity of score: Two years from the date of the test and valid as on date of submission of the DPM application. Note that the eligibility tests considered by the respective areas are given in the following table:
|DPM 2022 Batch - Acceptable Test Scores accepted by respective areas|
|Area||Acceptable Test Scores|
|Strategy||CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF (any discipline)|
|Marketing||CAT / GMAT / GRE|
|Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management||CAT / GMAT / GRE / UGC-JRF in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Management, Labor Welfare-PMIR-HRM|
|Operations Management and Decision Sciences||CAT/GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF (Mathematical Sciences) / GATE (Mechanical/Production and Industrial/Computer Science)|
|Information Systems and Analytics||CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF (any discipline)|
|Finance and Accounting||CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF (any discipline)|
|Economics & Public Policy||CAT/GMAT/GRE/UGC-JRF (relevant discipline in Economics)|
The Master's degree or equivalent qualification/Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification should be: (a) from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956; or (b) recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying degree programme that would make them eligible can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit a certificate latest by June 30, 2022 from the Principal/Head of the Department/Registrar or Director of the university/institute (issued on or before June 15, 2022) stating that they have appeared for the examinations (including practical examinations) in all the subjects required for obtaining the Master's/Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification.
Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Master's / Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification referred to in the certificate issued by Principal/Registrar of their college/institute. The deadline for submission of mark sheet and the certificate is September 30, 2022. Non fulfillment of these conditions will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
Note: Candidates appearing for GATE 2022 can also apply. If the DPM admission interviews are held before the GATE results are declared, candidates should bring a copy of their admit card to the interview and the admission offer will be finalized only after receiving the GATE score from the candidate within the stipulated time. If GATE results are declared before the interviews, candidates should bring a copy of their score card to the interview. In the online admission form, such candidates can enter 'NA' in the 'Score' column of Section 4.
Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli is committed to following the reservation policy as prescribed for certain categories of Indian nationals by the Government of India. Accordingly, the doctoral program 2022 has seats reserved as follows: 15% of the seats for Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe candidates, 27% for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC), 10% for students from Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) as statutorily defined and 5% for Persons with Disabilities (PWD). For the purpose of being considered for reservations, the applicable Central Government list as on the last date of submission of applications (January 26, 2022) shall be binding.
Candidates belonging to reserved categories need to carefully go through the eligibility criteria before applying. It should be noted that while it is the endeavour of IIM Trichy that candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD/NC-OBC/EWS categories join the programme in proportions mandated by law, such candidates have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in the selection process that IIM Trichy may specify in order to be considered for final admission.
Candidates with a PGDM (full time 2 year program) from any of the IIMs or a PGPBM from IIM Tiruchirappalli will be exempt from having to take the eligibility tests (CAT / GRE / GMAT/ GATE/ UGC -JRF) provided the student has a CGPA greater than 2.6/4.33 or equivalent and has obtained the diploma within 5 years from the year of admission to the FPM program. The candidate will need to record the CGPA obtained in their coursework in the 'Score' column of section 4 of the online form to place his/ her candidature. After submission of the application, the selection process for such a candidate will be identical to that being followed for other candidates.